SAT, 30 APR 2016 AT 1:00 PM
Community Upcycling Clothing Swap 5.0
Yes you saw right, back by popular demand, come join us for…
Another great Community Upcycling Clothing Swap at the Hub Space!!
You are invited to bring a previously acquired clothing, accessories, books, crafting supplies, and working and non working household electronics to swap. This is an all ages inclusive afternoon of community building and resource sharing.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!! :)
Saturday, April 30, 2016
Clothing/swapables drop off: 12:30 – 1pm
Swapping drop in: 1-3pm
Where? The HUB Space,
251 East 11th Ave, Vancouver, BC
(Between Main and Kingsway),
near the Main Street 99 B-line transit stop
What? Please bring clothing, accessories & books to swap
How? Please RSVP here to attend:
Or on FaceBook:
More info? BestEventsInVancouver
Let’s make this swap super.
Components of a Great Swap…
* This time we are doing an advance swapables drop off at the Hub on the Saturday between 12:30-1pm for sorting. Then you are welcome to return anytime between 1-3pm to get your swap on.
* When you arrive: Welcome, c’mon in! Please drop off any bags of unsorted clothing at the sorting area when you enter. All swapables will be sorted by categories on the signage displayed, ie. men’s wear, accessories, books, shoes, kids wear etc.
* Please, please, please be mindful of items you DO NOT want swapped or re swapped. We are rapidly outgrowing our venue and last time there were swapped items such as a winter jackets especially that were swapped by mistake. Please keep your personal belongings secure and towards the outer edges of the room and away from the swap tables to hopefully prevent confusion along the way.
* Throughout: Have fun, connect with others! The search is on, help yourself to what you like best.
* Ensure your find a good fit, or put back for someone else to enjoy. Note: There are two washrooms for changing. You are welcome to bring your own full length mirror.
* Closure: If you happen to be around at the end (or beginning), any help with a quick cleanup (or setup) is ALWAYS appreciated!
All leftover clothing will be donated to PosAbilities, a local non-profit that benefits people with developmental disabilities.
All left over home electronics will be donated to ElectroRecycle.ca a local non profit recycling program that will be accepting any small appliance including irons, steam cleaners, flat irons and blow dryers.
Congrats, everyone attending this swap is contributing to sharing their resources in an ethical, no cost, enviro-friendly way! Let’s work together to create a great community building event!